Bailey, Colorado is a small town located about 45 minutes west of Denver. Bailey is located in Park County, Colorado which is located very close to the heart of Colorado! We have a lot of great opportunities for recreation, camping, fishing, horseback riding and more! Plus we often have events and activities that are great for the whole family! See below for a list of fun things to do while you’re here!
Places to Stay
- Deer Creek Cabin – Enjoy Bailey from the comfort of your secluded log cabin with a hot tub and gas grill! Features 2 bedrooms, master with a queen size bed and second with a full size bed!
- Camp or stay at one of the cabin rentals at Glen Isle Resort, a rustic style resort hotel built at the turn of the 20th century!
- The Bailey Lodge in Bailey, Colorado is a hotel in the Rocky Mountains, providing motel rooms and lodging for a perfect vacation.
- Find lodging and fishing accommodations along the South Platte River at Lynwood Park!
- Enjoy all the comforts of home while being on the edge of civilization at the Bailey Streamside Cabin Rental! This fantastic log cabin is nestled right above an enchanting stream that sits on the edge of the Pike National Forest.
- Explore more options at AirB&B!
Outdoor Activities & Rental Services
- Go on an aerial adventure on ziplines, rapples and treehouses at Treeline Adventure Park as you explore the treetops!
- Try the 21-hole world-class Disc Golf Course at Bailey Outdoor Education Recreation Area, or hike, bike or snowshoe in the winter!
- McGraw Memorial Park is located on land was donated in 1969 by Helen McGraw-Tatum for the purpose of providing an area for Park County to showcase historic buildings and to provide a hiking and picnic area that maintains the natural beauty of Park County. Come enjoy today and experience a piece of our history!
- Looking for watercraft rentals? Contact the Alpine Rental Team for inflatable rafts, standup paddleboards and more!
- The Platte River Outfitters is here to help you with all your hiking, camping, fishing and sporting good needs! Stop in also if you need snowshoe rentals or need to get a Colorado Parks and Wildlife license!
Camping & Dispersed Camping
- Deer Creek Campground is a wooded campground located at 9,168′. Mature trees provide shade and hiking trails are nearby, including the Deer Creek Trailhead that provides access to Tanglewood Trail.
- The Meridian Campground has 18 campsites with parking spurs. Elevation is 9,000 feet. Campground has a picnic table and fire ring at every campsite and two vault toilets at separate locations.
- Mount Bailey Trail is a short steep switchback trail with incredible views from the top! It’s a 0.9 mile out and back trail in stunning forestry and shaded setting till you get to the cliff with rewarding views!
- The Deer Creek Trailhead provides access to the Tanglewood Trail, which leads into the Mount Evans Wilderness Area and connects with the Rosalie Trail.
- The Beautiful Tanglewood Trail is located in Bailey, Colorado and during certain times of the year features beautiful wildflowers. This trail is rated as difficult, dogs are allowed on leash and the trail is used mostly from May until October. Expect to see other hikers and horses on this 11.8 mile trail with you!
- Rosalie Trail
- The Meridian Trailhead provides access to the Meridian Trail, which heads north as it rises out of the Elk Creek drainage, then begins to bear in a northeasterly direction. This portion of the trail passes through several aspen groves, and offers some interesting vistas looking east and south. The trail connects with the Cub Creek Trail in the Mount Evans Wilderness Area and the Arapahoe National Forest.
- Meridian Trail
- The Payne Gulch Trailhead near Bailey provides access to the Brookside-McCurdy Trail and the Payne Creek Trail through the Lost Creek Wilderness Area.
- The Brookside-McCurdy Trail is a popular trail located in Bailey, Colorado, rated as difficult but the first 3 miles are moderate. It’s best used from May to November and dogs are welcome on a leash only.
- The Payne Creek Trail #637 is a 13.5 mile relatively gentle trail overall, climbing gradually through ponderosa and lodgepole pine forests and an aspen grove created by a 135 acre fire in 1926. It then descends into open meadows along Craig Creek. Payne Creek is named for Jim Payne, who once logged the area and had a mill two miles up the creek from the Platte River. Payne and others logged all the way up the valley to the divide between Payne Creek and Craig Creek in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. There are sites suitable for overnight camping in Craig Meadows. Because most of the Payne Creek Trail is in designated wilderness, Wilderness regulations apply. The Payne Creek Trail #637 branches off the Brookside McCurdy Trail #607 at the foot of a large and serene private meadow roughly 1.5 miles from the trailhead. The trail then ends at the junction with the Colorado Trail (CT – Segment 4). Dogs are allowed on leash.
- The Rolling Creek Trailhead provides access to the Colorado Trail and the popular Rolling Creek Trail, which heads south into the northeast side of the Lost Creek Wilderness Area.
- The Rolling Creek Trail provides access into the northeast side of the Lost Creek Wilderness. The first third of the trail south from the trailhead are an easy, pleasant hike following gently rolling terrain. However, the second two thirds of the trail is quite steep and the trail up the tight canyon on the north side is often blocked by downed trees. The trail passes around to the west of the Castle and offers some very dramatic views of this prominent pinnacle. This trail, in conjunction with the Colorado Trail, Wigwam Trail and Goose Creek Trail, offer some interesting loops for backpack trips. The trail is in designated wilderness. In Wilderness, mountain bikes are prohibited and Wilderness regulations apply.
Food & Drink
- Staying a few days? Dollar General has all your basic needs covered, from frozen food to toiletries.
- Head down the hill towards Grant and you can grab your favorite candies, premade to-go sandwiches and more at the gas station Conoco in Bailey.
- The Loaf n’ Jug Gas Station in Bailey is also home to Subway! Order from your phone using the Subway app today and just walk in to pick it up!
- At 285 Pizza Pies, you’ll get simple pizza made by humans. Find big pizza here for the whole family.
- Aspen Peak Cellars is known for their award winning wines, but they also make delicious specialty entrees as well as fondue, mussels, gourmet pizza just to name a few!
- Find a wide selection of delicious food at China Village! Dine in or take out favorites like spicy chicken and vegetables, beef and broccoli and more!
- At the historic Coney Island Hot Dogs in Bailey, Colorado you can grab a famous frankfurter from the vintage hot dog stand!
- The Cutthroat Cafe is a family oriented and inexpensive mountain cafe that offers a casual dining experience.
- Mad Jack’s Mountain Brewery is a local brewery that has developed their own recipes over the years that will delight discerning beer drinkers from Denver and the Front Range communities. Stop in today to try a product unique to the 285 corridor that could only be found in this area!
- Mudslingers Coffee Drive-Thru serves delicious coffee and espresso drinks in a convenient drive thru location! They also serve smoothies, Italian sodas, flavored energy drinks and more!
- Located conveniently next to Loaf and Jug and Dollar General, the Olga’s Eatery Food Truck boasts delicious menu items like ribs and country fried steak!
- Riverbend Eatery is a fresh Italian and American cuisine restaurant with a beautiful view of the South Platte River.
- Find delicious cuisine for the whole family at the Rustic Station. Find breakfast, lunch and dinner, including entrees like mozzarella sticks, nacho mountain and half pound angus burgers!
- The Coffee Shack is a great place to stop in for coffee whether you want to drive thru or visit inside to enjoy the sunroom or deck in a calm, courteous and welcoming atmosphere.
- Stop in The Knotty Pine for your ice cream fix while you browse their gift shop filled with Bailey themed souvenirs and antiques!
- Visit Debeeze Honey for a unique selection of local, raw wildflower honey, spreadable satin honeys and more!
Alcohol & Dispensaries
- A quick run to Delwood Square Liquors and you can stock up on all your beer, liquor and wine needs.
- The Happy Camper Cannabis Company hosts a large selection of artisan accessories and fine quality cannabis products.
At Sunrise Solutions you can find a large selection of innovative and high-quality cannabis products in a comfortable setting.
Shop & Relax
- Listed as one of the top 10 wackiest places to visit in all of Colorado, The Sasquatch Outpost is a must see for anyone who has any interest in Bigfoot or Daryl :p
- The Fun & Funky Art Gallery now has two locations! Stop in to this gift shop to find the perfect gift for your loved one, as well as some fun games for your next adventure!
- Stop into Native Vibrations for a stunning assortment of rocks, crystals, jewelry and more!
- The PCCP Resale Boutique is a community based volunteer organization that supports non-profit organizations and local initiatives along the HWY 285 Corridor. Portion of profits will go to these organizations for assistance.
- The River Canyon Gallery was founded as a program under the umbrella of the Cultural Council of Park County. This local group of artists, sponsors of the arts, supporters from the Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce and with a Small Steps grant from the Colorado Council of the Arts, were able to open the gallery doors in May 2010.
- The Chill Squirrel Trading Company is a unique gift shop that offers truly one of a kind products like coffee, outdoor gear, pet products and more!
Although many events were cancelled for 2020, we look forward to next year and hope you plan to attend one of Bailey’s fun yearly events!
- Bailey Day is an old west fest featuring live music, food & Drinks and family fun!
- The Bailey Hundo & Hundito is a yearly mountain bike race that happens here in Bailey in the Buffalo Creek recreation area.
- Cowboy Christmas is a fun free annual event with kids crafts and activities, face painting, turkey give-a-aways, chili cook off, smores and FREE pictures with Santa!