Road Conditions

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The roads in South Park are managed by several different entities and all receive different levels of maintenance. Our major highways are paved but most county and town roads remain unpaved. There is a vast network of unpaved roads within the Pike National Forest that are generally best suited for 4WD, high clearance vehicles. Major highways, town roads, and most county roads are plowed regularly in the winter but Forest Service roads are not. The key to navigating South Park by car is to plan ahead and use a trustworthy map, such as the U.S. Forest Service’s Motor Vehicle Use maps.

Information on road conditions can be obtained by contacting the road manager:

Road Type Manager Information
Major Highway Colorado Department of Transportation

County Road Park County Public Works Call 719-836-2282

Forest Service Road South Park Ranger District Call 719-836-2031[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]