The Como Depot was completed in 1879 to service the Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad (DSP&P) that ran through Como at that time. Como was an important railroad hub for the DSP&P with many branches, heading over Boreas Pass to Breckenridge and to the nearby King Coal Mines. In its heyday, the depot has bustling with activity, but as industry declined in South Park, so did the railroad. The railroad tracks were removed from Como in 1938 and the depot went through a variety of owners and uses, serving as a garage before falling into disrepair. New owners purchased the depot and neighboring hotel in 2008 and its major restoration was completed in 2014.